help with a translation from italian

« Older   Newer »
dryada
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 10:07     +1   -1

Hello! Dio Zlatan told me this was the right forum to post this request.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a translation of this interview with Zlatan (part 2 is here)? I could probably translate it myself if I could just see it written down, so what I would need help with is writing the interview down in Italian, as they speak it. Since the interview is very long, I would most like to get the parts where he speaks about his sons and wife (like when he says that Maximilian use to play with a ball).

If anyone could help me with this, I would be so grateful. If you want ANY Swedish interviews with Zlatan translated into English in return, or articles or quotes, or pics or anything, just tell me, and I will do everything I can. Just, I'm dying to find out what he says about Maxi and Vincent!

*hopeful eyes*

In Italian: (very bad) Per favore, aiutilo a scrivere questa intervista in italiano, in modo da posso capirlo e tradurlo all'inglese. Le parti che desidero leggere sono quando lui colloqui circa Maximilian. Se desiderate le interviste svedesi tradotte all'inglese, nel ritorno, mi chiedono appena. Grazie molto, molto!

iole.89
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 10:43     +1   -1

I think I can help you...I'll translate the interview in english, so you can translate it in swedish! Just wait some minutes,please. ;)

Jo_ibra
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 10:44     +1   -1

Well...someone...please...I don't understand all!! :cod:

iole.89
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 12:02     +1   -1

part 1

SPEAKER:Hi everybody. welcome to INTER NOS.Today with us there's a champion...everything could happen, because this champion is Zlatan Ibrahimovic, right ?
ZLATAN: Everything could happen...
S:How are you Zlatan?
Z:I'm fine, today I have been training, but I have a sore knee and then...nothing...I go on.
S: But I've always though thay you played football like an artist, not only as a champion, because there's something magic. Now that you have this sore knee, you're like a pianist who lost his hand...
Z:At the beginning I didn' t feel all this pain, so I could play like I've always done in the past, I tried to play with this problem, for my team and for fans, but I couldn't continue, because I Knew that I didn't give the best of me...Now I am at 70% of my possibilities, I'll give the best of me to be at 100%
S: on your t-shirt there's written 'really and truly', in italian these two words mean the same thing! Realy and Truly, have you ever been afraid in this period?
Z: no, I've not been afraid, but I didn't feel in confidence when I had to do all the movements on the field...
S: what does scare you?
Z:There are a lot of thing that make me scare!I'm scared that something could happen to me or my family...or to other people in the world...
S: In the world...
Z:yes, you know, I'm a little bit more "political" now!!
S:Do you smile in this way also when youre at home?
Z:yes!
S:does Maximilian smile in the same way?We remember that Maximilian is Zlatan first son, called THE BOSS
Z:LITTLE BOSS
S:And Vincent?
Z:Vincent is too young to smile...he is only one month old!
S: How small is Vincent ?
Z:He's very small. The other is very big...I have a bed hor him, it can be used until the baby is three years old, but is too small for him!
S:He is like you!I remember last year, at the shield party, that Helen said that she didn't wanted to go on the fiel. There were a lot of other children and she said to me 'you can go with Maximilian' and I thought 'oh my God, now I will make fall down Ibra's son!' so I said no...
Z: I didn't carry Maximilian because he was too young, but this time He will come with me.
S: this is a promise!
Z:I'm not worried because my team wants to win even if we lost some points...but if you're at the top all days you're mister perfect, and nobody is mister perfect
S: how much Did you get angry in Liverpool?
Z:I was very angry, because Champions league was my first objective, but sometimes it could happen...we did all the possible to win, but there's next year...I was very sad because this year we've done well until that match, but there were a lot of injured...too many injured players!
S: how much is important luck in life?
Z:sometimes is very important...
S: I saw that you have another dog now!All of you have to see Zlatan with his dogs..because some people think that Ibra has got an Great Dane, instead he has a little dog and a bull dog colled...
Z: Trusto!
S.Trusto? what does it mean Trusto?
Z:It was a swedish society that went bankrupt!
S:you called your dog Trusto...it's like, here in Italy, we call our dog Mafia!
Hoffa and Trusto are two sociable dogs! What do you prefer: dogs or people?
Z:Sometimes dogs, because they don't answer and do all that you say
S:If they are good dogs only...
Z:yes!Mine...
S: did you celebrate Vincent's birth with Helen?
Z:no, I was with her, I stayed there for two days and then I came back in Milan, but I'll celebrate it!

as soon as possible I will post the other part! ;)

dryada
icon6  view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 13:10     +1   -1

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much! I wanted to understand what they were saying so badly and then you posted this right away, and such a great translation too! You are just too good! I am rewatching it and understanding everything! *runs around in little circles*

Do you speak Swedish, or do you want ANYTHING translated from Swedish into English? You just write me whenever and I'll do it! Thank you so much for your great work, once again!

(Also: I love the woman interviewing him. Do you know who she is? She seems pretty close to the Inter players, since she was at the Scudetto celebrations with the wives and the children and everything.)

iole.89
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 14:10     +1   -1

you're welcome Jennifer! :)
now I'm translating the other part
there are a lot of interviews and articles that I don't understand because I don't speak swedish...I'll be searching them to ask you to translate these for me...
for example, there's this interview http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/sport/art...?collapsed=true it's named "han ar Zlatans bastis"... thank you!!

dryada
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 15:10     +1   -1

I look forward to the next part! :)

The interview was done by a reporter for the Childrens' Sports Channel in Sweden, the kids sent in their own questions for him to answer. First there is a clip showing him winning the Jerring price, which is the most prestigious award you can get as a sportsman in Sweden.

Reporter: "We saw some footage of you winning the Jerring price, as voted by thousands of Swedes. You are loved by so many, but young people most of all. What does this love mean to you?
Zlatan: "I get really happy. When I go to work I want to give that extra percent, not just kick a ball around - I want to really send it flying, for all those kids."
R: "So, anything you could teach our viewers?"
Z: "Yeah, I can show them an easy feint."
R: "Go right ahead!"
Z: "Okay. Oj, oj, oj [means something like "ay ay ay"].

*they cut the part where he shows how to dribble past a defender, which they showed in TV*

Reporter: *showing the letters* "Reading these, you can tell a lot of people would like to be friends with you. Here's one of the questions."
Zlatan: "Okay."
Little boy: "Hi, my name is Oliver and I wonder who is your best friend in Inter?"
Z: "I have to say Maxwell. He's the one I share a room with when we're staying at hotels - whenever that happens - and I've played with him ever since my days in Ajax."

*they cut to the commercial for the program, where Zlatan says: "Hi, in the next episode of the Children's Sports Channel I will be answering all of your questions! Don't miss it!" *He then kicks the ball, but he doesn't manage to score* Zlatan: "Although it seems I just missed that one." *laughs*

I hope you liked it! :)

iole.89
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 15:34     +1   -1

part 2

S: I don't Know why this magazine is here...
Z:I don't Know!
S:We don't need it!While...look at this!Miami...because Zlatan has his house there...I know that you went there because Dacourt suggested it...why Miami?
Z:I've talked to Olivier and I had never been there, then I bought two flats there. I went there for Christmas and it was beautiful...it's like living in Europe, but you're in America...people speak spanish, italian, also english, but it's beautiful, really beautiful...there is the sea...I like America
S:Why?Olivier says that he goes there since 10 years...he said that you didn't know anything about it! Olivier is a little bit philosopher about these things!He talked about the American Dream because one of his friends went there and now he has opened a restaurant...in Miami everything is possible! does the American Dream attract you too?
Z:I like it, because America is like you see it in the movies
S:what does it like your house? it is so? (like in the picture)
Z:I don't know because it isn't still finished!
S:it isn't still finished...but your houses never finish!one year ago you said that your house in Milan wasn't finished!
Z:no, that house is finished!the house in Miami will be ready for the next year.
S:next year all of us will come!
Z:yes, the next year everyone will come, all the fans will come...if there's space!
S:Miami is a your passion, but you have another passion...somebody said that you like this man!who is?
Z: this is Mirko Filipovic, he practises the martial arts and I like him very much. I watch him on TV and I'd like to go...
S:why don't you invite him here!
Z:no, he's working...
S:and you are not working?!?!
Z: one day I'll go and I'll see him
S:what does he do?
Z:judo, boxe, Taekwondo...
S:do they kill each other?
Z;:no!they're professional...
S:sure...so this is your favourite!
Z:yes.
S:so also Ibrahimovic as an idol!but you're more powerful and richer than him...
Z:this is not important...it's more important to be happy
S:does Maximilian understand what is your job?
Z:I don't know, but he always stayes with a ball on his hands and shoots against the wall and plays with Teresa, who lives with us.She is very good...
S:she's a nanny!
Z:no, she isn't a nanny!I don't like this word...she's Teresa, she's like a member of our family!
S:sorry Teresa!let's talk about the European Championship 2008
Z:the European is a very important Championship...it's my fourth important Championship with the swedish national team...I hope that everyting goes well...
S:how did you feel when you became the best swedish athlete?
Z: I was very excited because I'm the first football player who wins this prize
S:and what did you wear?
Z:a smoking!
S:a smoking!what a wonderful thing!we had to be there to see you wearing a smoking!was you happy for the smoking?
Z: yes, a lot!also Helena wore a smoking!!
S:beautiful!
Z:yes!I usually don't wear smoking, but you have to wear it when you wins something good!
S:now you have to choose a thing on the table that you would like to carry at home with you...Filipovic's peacture is yours!
there's Miami magazine, that you could read at home with Helena, or these t-shirts for the children or a Inter bag for Helena...what do you want?
Z:the t shirts for the children!
S:you have to carry them wearing these!
Z:Maximilian has just an Inter shirt...Vincent is too young!
S:now you have to write a dedication on this table, that we'll sell at an auction sale!
Z:can I write in english?
S:yes!...It' a poem!thank you Zlatan!

thank you!!
ah, the woman interviewing him is a reporter for INTER CHANNEL, her name is Susanna Wermelinger! :)

Jo_ibra
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 16:15     +1   -1

Thank you Iole!!! :D

iole.89
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 16:57     +1   -1

Jo, Jennifer, when you can't understand what Zlatan says in some interviews or in some articles, ask for a translation .I'll be glad to help you!

Jennifer... :shifty: you're from Sweden... :shifty:
What do you say about Zlatan and his family there in Sweden? have you any information about him and his family that here in Italy we don't know?? I'm so curious!!! :lol:

dryada
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 19:48     +1   -1

*cries with joy* Thank you so much. I never thought I would get such a great translation this quickly. I have watched it several times now! :) I love Susanne, her interviews with Zlatan are so great...she was the one who did the Uno di Noi interview with him too, I think. Anyways, thank you sooooo much once again.

I don't know what you know about his family in Italy? Is Helena and Zlatan in the Italian gossip magazines? I could tell you that Vincent is named after Helena, because her last name, "Seger", means "victory" in Swedish, and "Vincent" means "the victorious". Maximilian's middle name is "Zlatan", so I think it's great they named their other son after Helena! :)

Is there anything particular you would like to know about them?

iole.89
view post Posted on 5/5/2008, 14:52     +1   -1

in italian magazines there isn't any new about Zlatan and Helena...I didn't Know the reason why they called their second son Vincent...because I didn't know that Seger means Victory in your language :lol:
but I knew that Maximilian second name was Zlatan...Zlatan said it in an interview with Susanna...
all I know about Zlatan is that his parents come from the former Yugoslavia and that he grew up in Rosengard, in Malmo...if I remember he has 2 brothers and three sisters...but only three of them grew up with him...

Edited by iole.89 - 5/5/2008, 21:58

dryada
view post Posted on 6/5/2008, 07:48     +1   -1

Did you see the documentary about him from when he was 19? They film him in his mother's apartment, when he is having breakfast with his little brother and his first girlfriend Maria! She was sooooo pretty, btw (he has only had one girlfriend before he met Helena Seger). I can try to find clips from the documentary if you haven't seen it.

iole.89
view post Posted on 6/5/2008, 08:05     +1   -1

no, I didn't see it!!if you find clips or photos from this documentary, please, post them!!!there are two sections where you can post them:Zlatan Gallery, for photos, and Zlatan Video, for clips! I love you so much!!! image

dryada
view post Posted on 6/5/2008, 11:40     +1   -1

Oh, I'm sorry, I don't have access to those forums!

Here is a picture of his ex-girlfriend Maria from the documentary, and Here is a picture of her modelling.

18 replies since 4/5/2008, 10:07   253 views